To get the solution, we are looking for, we need to point out what we know.
1. We assume, that the number 480 is 100% - because it's the output value of the task.
2. We assume, that x is the value we are looking for.
3. If 480 is 100%, so we can write it down as 480=100%.
4. We know, that x is 12% of the output value, so we can write it down as x=12%.
5. Now we have two simple equations:
where left sides of both of them have the same units, and both right sides have the same units, so we can do something like that:
6. Now we just have to solve the simple equation, and we will get the solution we are looking for.
7. Solution for what is 12% of 480
(480/x)*x=(100/12)*x - we multiply both sides of the equation by x
480=8.33333333333*x - we divide both sides of the equation by (8.33333333333) to get x
now we have:
12% of 480=57.6