1. Proverbs expressing a general attitude towards life and the laws that govern life.
* There is no earthly joy that is not watered with tears.
2. Ethical proverbs recommending certain virtues and condemning certain vices
* No debt remains unpaid.
3. Proverbs expressing a system of values
* A lazy young man is like a foul-smelling meat.
4. Proverbs expressing general truths and observations about life and human nature.
* A good thing is never too late.
5. Humorous proverbs.
* The love of an old man is like a snail that crawls.
6. Miscellaneous proverbs.