1. body movement due to contraction of skeletal muscle
2. maintenance of posture also due to skeletal muscle
3. respiration due to movements of muscles of the thorax
4. production of body heat, which is necessary for the maintenance of body temp. as a byproduct of muscle contraction
5. communication, such as speaking, writing, which is involve the skeletal muscle
6. constriction of organs and vessels, especially smoother muscles that can move solids and liquid in the digestive tract and other secretions including urine, from organs.
7. heart beat caused by the contraction of cardiac muscle that propels blood to all parts of the body.