Chemistry has five major divisions.
1) Analytical chemistry - is concerned with finding out what is present in a given sample (qualitative analysis) and how much of something is present (quantitative analysis).
2) Organic chemistry - is the study of carbon containing substances.
3) Inorganic chemistry - involves the study of other than those classified as organic. Unlike organic chemicals, these substances are generally derived from mineral sources.
4) Physical chemistry - is concerned with the physical properties of chemicals.
5) Biochemistry - is the study of the chemistry of biological processes in all living organisms.