1. Convert the following statements into equations.
(a) 5 added to a number is 9.
(b) 3 subtracted from a number is equal to 12.
(c) 5 times a number decreased by 2 is 4.
(d) 2 times the sum of the number x and 7 is 13.
2. A number is 12 more than the other. Find the numbers if their sum is 48.
3. Twice the number decreased by 22 is 48. Find the number.
4. Seven times the number is 36 less than 10 times the number. Find the number.
5. 4/5 of a number is more than 3/4 of the number by 5 . Find the number.
6. The sum of two consecutive even numbers is 38. Find the numbers.
7. The sum of three consecutive odd numbers is 51. Find the numbers.
8. Rene is 6 years older than her younger sister. After 1 0 years, the sum of their ages will be 50 years. Find their present ages.
9. The length of a rectangle is 10 m more than its breadth. If the perimeter of rectangle is 80 m, find the dimensions of the rectangle.
10. A 300 m long wire is used to fence a rectangular plot whose length is twice its width. Find the length and breadth of the plot.