1. Nouns that are plurar in form but singular in meaning:
Philippines, Bahamas, civics, ethics, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, molasses, politics, phonetics, billards
Example in a sentence:
1. The Philippines is home to many Filipinos.
2. Mathematics is my favorite subject
3. Billards is John's favorite sport
2. Nouns that are plural in form and in meaning
jeans, scissors, pants, tweezers, eyeglasses, shorts, goods, news
Examples in a sentence:
1. Scissors are dangerous when you're running.
2. I like those pants
3. Where are my eyeglasses?