According to a guy named Eric Digest:
SUGGESTIONS TO HELP STUDENTS OVERCOME TEST ANXIETY
There are a number of suggestions that school administrators, teachers,
counselors, and parents may utilize to help students effectively manage
* become aware of students' developmental levels and the pressure they
placing on students prior to test administration.
* teach students successful test-taking strategies that include understanding
limits, the importance of pacing, and the different type of test formats
choice, essay, fill in the blank).
* consider designing some classroom tests using the standardized test
the school year.
* help students understand test ceilings and provide information on
whether or not they will be penalized for incorrect responses. If points
are deducted for incorrect responses students should be informed to leave
items blank (Sycamore & Corey, 1990).
* address test anxiety in class by exploring students' concerns and,
if necessary, meet with the school counselor and parents of identified
students to confront this issue.