Landmasses surrounding the Philippines
- At the northern part of the Philippines you can see Taiwan,
China, and Korea. You can say that the Asian continent surrounds the
Philippines at the north. Conversely, the Philippines is found at the south of
the Asian continent.
- At the east of the Philippines is mostly water
but when you look closely you can see Guam and other small islands/territories.
The Philippines is located at west of Guam.
- The Indonesian archipelago (collection of islands)
surrounds the Philippines at the south. So, you can also say the Philippines is
found at the north of the Indonesian archipelago.
- Vietnam, Malaysia, Thailand and Cambodia
surround the Philippines at the west. So in giving location to our country, we
can say that the Philippines is located at the east of Vietnam, Malaysia,
Thailand and Cambodia.
Bodies of Water surrounding the Philippines
- Similar with Indonesia, the Philippines is also an
archipelago (group of islands); hence, we are surrounded by different bodies of
- At the north, Luzon Strait surrounds the
Philippines. You can state that Philippines is located at the south of Luzon
- Philippine Sea and Pacific Ocean are the major
bodies of water found at the east of the Philippines. Hence, in locating the
Philippines, people will say Philippines is found at the west of Philippine Sea
and the Pacific Ocean.
- At south, Celebes Sea surrounds the Philippines. You can
say Philippines is found at north of Celebes Sea.
- Indian Ocean and South China Sea surround the
Philippines at its west. In other words, Philippines is located at east of
Indian Ocean and South China Sea.