To differentiate polynomials from non-polynomials, polynomials have the following conditions:
1) NO fractional / rational exponents in variables.
2) NO variable as denominator in simplified form
3) NO radical expression in simplified form
4) NO negative exponents.
Example: -5x⁻⁵ + 2
5) A constant is a polynomial. It is called constant polynomial.
Example: -25 polynomial
All that is not polynomial.
1) It may have a radical expression is simplified form.
2) It may have a variable as denominator is simplified form.
3) The variables may have negative or rational/fractional exponents.