During great depression a lot of things happened and those were:
1. Stock market crashed
2. Personal income, tax revenue, profits and prices dropped.
3. International trade plunged by more than 50%
4. Unemployment in the U.S rose to 25% and in some other countries rose as high as 33%.
5. Cities all over the world were hit hard, especially those dependent on heavy industry.
6. Construction was virtually halted in many countries.
7. Farming communities and rural areas suffered as crop prices fell by approximately 60%.
8 Areas dependent on primary sector industries such as mining and logging suffered the most.