It's called an intrusion. Depending on just how the igneous rock (molten rock) enters into the existing rock, you can have dikes, sills, plutons and batholiths.
4 2 4
Molten material within the earth is called magma. in simple magma can be thought of as molten rock. when magma cools, its solidifies to form rock which is called " igneous rockĀ " .
7 4 7