1. who hires daedalus ?
2. what does daedalus design to hold the Minotaur?
3. What does Daedalus invent to help him and Icarus escape from the Labyrinth?
4. What does he warn Icarus not to do?
5. What happens to Icarus?
Task 9 WHAT’S GOING ON
1. Why did Minos imprison Daedalus in the Labyrinth?
2. Why did Minos think that, if Daedalus can’t find his way out, “so much the better”?
3. Minos tells Icarus that the plan is dangerous. Why does he want them to take this risk?
4. Why did Daedalus leave his wings on the altar of Apollo? Why wouldn’t he want to fly some more?
Task 10 DIGGING DEEPER
1. In a short paragraph, describe how Daedalus planned to escape from the island prison of Crete.
2. Do you think Daedalus’s plan is a good one? Explain your answer.
3. Which events in the myth could have happened in real life?
4. If you had access to building resources and materials, how would you design a flying machine to help you escape from the island prison of Crete?
Task 11 FACT OR NOT
Tell whether the statement is a fact or not. Draw WINGS before each number if the statement is a fact and SUN if otherwise.
_______ Daedalus was an inventor.
_______ King Minos wanted to kill the Minotaur.
_______ It would be easy to find your way out of the Labyrinth.
_______ Icarus design his own wings.
_______ The wings were made of chicken feathers.