1. A person who is terribly ill may die in the hands of a quack.
2. A sick person who goes to a quack for treatment instead of a doctor may only be prolonging his or her illness.
3. Even if no actual healing has been done, the patient gets well merely by his or her own faith, either in the quack or in the remedies given.
4. Money is wasted since a patient's condition will not improve under a quack.
5. The patient's family may only get false hopes if the quack assumes them of the patient's complete healing.