1. Beakers are useful as a reaction container or to hold liquid or solid samples. They are also used to catch liquids from titrations and filtrates from filtering operations.
2. Bunsen burners are sources of heat.
3. Burets are for addition of a precise volume of liquid. The volume of liquid added can be determined to the nearest 0.01 mL with practice.
4. Clay triangles are placed on a ring attached to a ring stand as a support for a funnel, crucible, or evaporating dish.
5. Droppers are for addition of liquids drop by drop