1) What percent of 20 is 30?
2) What is 35% of 80?
3) 45% of what is 9?
4) Suppose you bought something that was priced at $6.95, and the total bill was $7.61. What is the sales tax rate in this city? (Round answer to one decimal place)
5) Suppose a certain item used to sell for 75 cents a pound. You see that it's been marked up to 81 cents a pond. What is the percent increase?
6) The sum of 2 consecutive integers is 15. Find the numbers.
7) The product of 2 consecutive negative even integers is 24. Find the numbers.
8) Twice the larger of 2 numbers is 3 more than 5 times the smaller, and the sum of 4 times the larger and 3 times the smaller is 71. What are the numbers?
9) A computer software retailer used a markup rate of 40%. Find the selling price of a computer game that cost the retailer $25.
10) A golf shop pays its wholesaler $40 for a certain club, and then it sells it to a golfer for $75. What is the markup rate?
11) A shoe store uses a 40% markup in cost. Find the cost of a pair of shoes that sells for $63.
12) An item originally priced at $55 is marked 25% off. What is the sale price?
13) An item that regularly sells for $425 is marked down to $318.75. What is the discount rate?
14) An item is marked down 15%; the sale price is $127.46. What was the original price?
15) Growing up, you lived in a tiny country village. When you left for college, the population was 840. You recently heard that the population has grown by 5%. What is the percent population?
16) Your friend diets and goes from 125 pounds to 110 pounds. What was her percentage weight loss?
17) Your boss says that his wife has put an 18x51 foot garden in along the whole back of their backyard. He says that this has reduced the backyard lawn area by 24%. What are the total dimensions of his backyard?
18) Your boss says that his wife has put an 18x51 foot garden in along the whole back of their backyard. He says that this has reduced the backyard lawn area by 24%. What are the dimensions of the remaining lawn area?
19) You are a real estate agent and you receive a commission of 5 % each time you sell a house. How much commission will you receive if you sell a house at P5,350,000?
20) You are a car dealer and you receive a commission of 15% each time you sell a car. HOw much commission will you receive if you sell a car at P2,675,000?